I was so excited to see Life is Beautiful in the Mini August-December catalog. I love tree siliouettes. And this was was so large. Perfect for my A7 cards and so different from the smaller ones that have retired.
I knew what I wanted to do – I wanted to have fall colored – multi colored leaves. I tried Garden Green with Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie. I liked the look, but remembered that BumbleBee was an in-color and I had not used it in a while. So when I added BumbleBee into the mix, I also changed to Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler. I also used Cinnamon Cider, to bring in some brown, and again, I have not used it very often, if ever. The ink pads were not available to the demonstrators prior to customers this time. I’m sure it has something to do with Covid – everything seems to these days.
Finger daubers where going to be the only way to get the many colors on the leaves. Thank goodness I always have enough for every color I have. I hate having to label my supplies and i’m creating – mainly because I don’t do it and then the next time I need it I don’t label it again and I end up having 2 or 3 daubers that are used with no label on them. I found 2 daubers that had Cajun Craze labeled on them – considering I only used that color for fall, I guess I forgot I had a dauber already for CC and used another one – I really need to go through them and put them in rainbow order and make sure I have only 1 for each color . . . tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow . . .
I used Early Expresso for the tree, I thought about using Soft Suede, but I always like the look of the winter tree against the sunset so I always picture winter trees as dark in color. I love the fall colors and I think I captured it in this card. Too bad my first attempt was an ugly card.
I watch Laura Fedora on YouTube, she always is so funny on the voice overs. She is fond of paper stripping, so I thought I’d give it a try. Well its messier than I thought it would be. I really didn’t think about the fact that Very Vanilla is thinner than the colored cardstock and that posed a real problem. Not to mention the glue. Tombo Mono stays sticky which is great for this project, but it then gets on your fingers and wow, does it make a mess. I think next time I’ll use a dot runner. I liked the colors I chose, I think they look great together. I also like the diagonal direction rather than the straight. Straight is hard to accomplish and a bit out of alignment really shows. I found a bone folder really helped me straighten out the area which was pushed in when I pushed 1 strip into the other with my fingernail. I hope that stripping is easier with practice. Most everything is, so there is that.
I have never used a card sketch before. I wonder if I’m the only one out there. I had to “make up” the measurements as I went because of the whole A7 size thing. Sometimes I wonder if its worth it, then I look at the size of an A2 card next to a store bought card and realize it is. I was really surprised how many card sketches there were out there. Man, I must not use Pinterest enough.