A pretty easy sketch I think. So how do you dress it up? Well for one, colors that are stunning and adding something that is just unique. What would you have done with this sketch?
For me, the one unique element was partial die cutting. I stamped a “Thank You” sentiment and stamped a butterfuly nearby. Since this is an A2 size card, I added the sentiment “Thank You,” as that is the only cards I make as an A2 size card. Then I partial die cut an oval around the sentiment and butterfly. Next, Next I used my Wink of Stella pen to add some Rococo Rose ink to the embossed butterfly. I embossed my butterfly using a black pigment ink and then covering with clear embossing powder. I HATE black embossing powder. It is pure evil.
I chose some reds and pinks that I could achieve an Ombre effect with, Stampin’ Up!’s Cherry Cobbler, Rococo Rose, Flirty Flamingo and Petal Pink. I finally added 3 matte black dots and popped up the sentiment oval with dimentionals. This card is actually an A2 card and for me that is really hard to do. I again was surprised how limited space there actually is on an A2 size card. I wonder how long it will surprise me every time I do an A2 size card – probably forever. I hope this card has inspired you to add a unique element to your cards to jazz them up a bit.
I will be showing my process video on Youtube. I will attach the link here when its done.